What is the start date of the program?
The program will start in June 2021.
What is so unique about this program?
The Executive MBA program is a two-year degree program that is offered in a hybrid mode. The participants can complete their degree while continuing their full-time job.
How can I apply for the EMBA program at IIM Amritsar?
- Click on this link Apply Now
- Complete your registration
- Go to your registered email id to activate your account
- Log in to your account
- Click on the designated link provided to start your application form for the EMBA program
How would I attend the classes?
The virtual classes would be spread over weekends (Fri-Sun) and some weekdays if required
Is there any placement assistance given after the completion of the course?
The program is for working executives and many of them may not need placement support. However, IIM Amritsar provides limited placement assistance on a case to case basis through our corporate partners.
Is EMBA a part-time program?
Not really as the Executive MBA students at IIM Amritsar will be attending all the classes in a synchronous mode over the weekends. The candidates can continue with their regular jobs and complete this two-year degree program.
Is the international immersion Module compulsory?
No. It is optional, and an additional cost needs to be paid by the candidate if they are interested.
Do I need to buy books and study material?
All the study material and books needed to facilitate the program will be provided by the institute.
Does the fee include traveling as well?
No. The fee-only includes tuition fee, library fee, reading material, and cost of food and stay in Amritsar during campus modules. The to and fro travel expenses are to be borne by the candidate.
How is the EMBA different from the regular MBA program?
Both EMBA and MBA programs are similar in terms of classes that are conducted in a synchronous mode. It is just that the traditional physical classroom is replaced by a virtual classroom. The study material is attuned more to the needs of working professionals and the pedagogy followed by the faculty members is more focused on sharing more industry relevant practices and experiences. The attendance and assessment rigor is similar to the MBA program, and the Executive MBA participants have to comply with the EMBA students’ manual.
Admission Process and Eligibility
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the EMBA program?
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in managerial/entrepreneurial/professional role
- A valid CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE score
- CAT score validity: Not more than two years old as on 30/5/2021
- GATE, GRE, and GMAT score validity: Not more than three years old as on 30/5/2021
- In case you do not have any exam score mentioned above, you have to appear in IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT) to apply for the program.
Is appearing in IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT) compulsory to apply for the EMBA program?
You need to appear in IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT) only when you do not have any valid score of CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE. Also, your selection to the program is not based on this single criteria instead it will entail a comprehensive assessment.
What will be the format of IAAT?
The IIM Amritsar Admission Test (IAAT) will have a similar structure to the CAT exam. The scores obtained in IAAT will be used as a diagnostic tool to determine the suitability of the aspirant for this program and their potential to succeed in this program. The test would have questions from competencies:
- Abstract reasoning
- Analytical ability
- Critical thinking
- Verbal Ability
- Data Analysis
- Numerical ability
The sample IAAT test can be viewed here - Sample IAAT test
What are the system requirements to take the IAAT exam?
Please click here (IAAT guide) to familiarise yourself about the system requirements and process.
When IAAT will be conducted?
The IAAT will be conducted on Feb 14, 2021.
Is there any interview in the selection process for the EMBA program?
Yes. Based on CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/IAAT score, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online personal interview. The selection process will be based on a comprehensive assessment based on candidate’s previous academic track record and progressive work experience and their ability to succeed, readiness for commitment for this program and the overall motivation of the candidates.
What documents do I need to be ready with and upload for applying for the program?
- Secondary School Certificate and mark sheet
- Higher Secondary School Certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation degree and mark sheet
- Work experience certificates
- In the case you are currently employed somewhere, the applicants may upload the offer letter, last 3 months salary slip
- In case you have your own entrepreneurial venture/startup/shop or any commercial establishments, then applicants may upload the last 3 yrs IT Return
- Your scanned image (max size – 413*413 pixels)
- Your scanned signature (max size – 413*413 pixels)
- Candidate should upload all the documents in support of your educational qualification that you have mentioned in your application form
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) (500-word limit)
What am I supposed to mention in the Statement of Purpose (SOP)?
The statement of purpose should mention the following pointers (500-word limit):
- What is the reason for joining this program?
- What are the outcomes that you are expecting personally and professionally after completing this program?
- How do you see this program helping you in your career in the next 5-10 years?
How shall I find out about admission confirmation?
Shortlisted candidates based on CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/IAAT will be called for an online personal interview, and based on the comprehensive assessment, the candidates will be notified via email.
Is there any application fee?
Yes. The application fee is Rs. 1500/- (non-refundable). Applicants who are applying via IAAT need to pay an additional entrance exam fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
What is the EMBA program fee?
9.5 Lakhs payable in 6 installments before the start of each academic term.
What is the fee refund policy?
The fee is non-refundable. In case the candidate chooses to leave the course in the middle, he/she will not be asked to pay the fee further. However, no fee that has been paid to date will get refunded in any case.
What kind of certification I will get after completion of the EMBA program?
After successfully completing the program, you will get an Executive MBA degree from IIM Amritsar, which is equivalent to any postgraduate degree. The participants can go for any higher educational qualification after this degree.
Do I get the Alumni Status of IIM Amritsar?
After successful completion of the program, all participants will get an IIM Amritsar Alumni status.
Will I get a chance to be on campus during the two years of the EMBA Program?
Yes, you will get a chance to have an immersive experience by being on the IIM Amritsar campus. Each participant will have two campus visits of 5 days per year. The institute will bear the stay and food expenses for all the participants. The to and fro travel expenses are to be borne by the candidate.
If I choose to drop out in the middle of the program, do I get the degree?